- use different template for mobile/tablet devices.
- change branding/menus on your site for visitors coming from an affiliate or from a different country (GeoIP).
You simply set up “conditions” to be detected, plus the “actions” to be performed when the conditions are met. Chameleon does the rest!
- ★ Browser (IE v6, FF, iPhone, iPad, tablet, mobile etc; using Categorizr for smart detection)
- Browser language
- Date, time, time of day
- Page type (article, category, front page etc)
- Virtuemart page types, products, cart contents, categories & coupons
- Hikashop page types, categories & specific items
- K2 page types, categories, authors & more
- User id and group, logged-in & logged-out users
- Article id, section, category & tags (J3.x)
- Site domain/sub-domain
- Page URL & referrer
- Random probability
- GeoIP detection of the guest’s city/country
- All “children” of a given menu or menu item
- Anything else you can detect with a snippet of PHP.
After it detects any of these, Chameleon can perform any of these dynamic “actions” on the current page:
- set the template/style
- unpublish/rename menu items
- unpublish plugins
- switch the “default” Joomla page (site home page)
- switch which menu item will be highlighted as “Active”
- internal or external redirection
- dynamic find-&-replace text/HTML on the page
- set metadata, page title, and add JS/CSS
- set page language
- dynamically switch VirtueMart 2.0 shopper group (and pricing structure)
- run PHP code
- Use a different template and change some menu items depending on which “group” the user is in
- Switch off comments plugin for a certain content category
- Use a different template just for IE users
- Use a different template if your site is embedded in FaceBook
- Do A/B testing of 2 different templates, chosen randomly. Use different Google Analytics on each template, then compare the performance.
- Use different templates for site.fr & site.de
- Set up different pricing structures using VirtueMart shopper groups, then switch shopper groups based on domain name, language, time of day or country of origin
- Timed styles, templates, menu items, and more